In the Northeast Indiana, you’ll find that we are a place for big ideas and bold intentions. A place for finding what you need and going after what you want. A place for contenders, for collaborators, for winners. A place where invention fuels innovation, where passion drives pursuits, and where success is part of every story.
The ELA is a network of young professionals, between the ages of approximately 19 and 29, committed to developing a community of future leaders and creating opportunities for action, growth, and regional pride.
If you want to take your career one step further and create positive change in your community, the Emerging Leaders Alliance is your place for advancement, growth, and powerful possibility.
Why Get Involved?
Serving as an advisory body to the Regional Partnership and supporting the Vision 2020 initiative, the ELA works to help the region maximize its potential and become an even greater place where businesses and people can thrive.
By joining the ELA, you can:
Build upon your knowledge and skills
- Attend leadership-development programs
- Learn about professional development from Northeast Indiana leaders
- Be in the know about regional initiatives, community programming, and economic development
Create a brighter future
- Make a positive impact on your community through annual days of service
- Proactively contribute to Vision 2020 regional initiatives and their supporting priorities, including the Road to One Million
- Share input on quality-of-life projects in the region
Develop connections by networking
- Collaborate with groups in the region, like the Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana (YLNI) and the Mayor’s Youth Engagement Council (MYEC)
- Serve as an ELA representative on the Regional Opportunities Council (ROC), the investor board of the Regional Partnership
- Work with ELA members on projects, including community and economic development
Are you ready to make a difference in your community and influence progress?
Let Your Voice Be Heard
Your leadership, innovation, and grit are critical to helping Northeast Indiana increase business investment and compete in the global marketplace.
Ways you can get involved and influence progress
As a member
- Attend nine out of 12 yearly meetings
- Serve a two-year term
- Join at least one ELA committee*
- Attend ELA events, like the ELA speed-networking event
* ELA committees include communications, street team, and Mayor’s Youth Engagement Council (MYEC) mentors.
We like to take risks, just like you do. Are you ready to join our community of risk takers, innovators, doers, and creators? Give us a call today, and let’s make progress happen!Let's Chat