2019 Indiana Early Learning Summit for Economic Development
Business Encouraged to Show Support for Early Learning
The 2019 Indiana Early Learning Summit for Economic Development is approaching, and business leaders are encouraged to RSVP!
Partners statewide are busy preparing for the event on Nov. 7, 2019. This year’s event will bring together business leaders across the state to understand the business case for investment in early childhood and ways to support our local workforce.
The Summit will feature keynote speaker Jim Spurlino, President and owner of Spurlino Materials, a construction materials company with concrete plants in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana, as well as a national division operating mobile plants throughout the United States.
The day’s events will also include remarks from Indiana leaders, a presentation on the brain science supporting the need for quality early childhood education, and a panel discussion followed by breakouts with business leaders who are supporting early learning education in their workplaces.
Here's a list of critical topics covered at the event:
- Learn how early childhood education impacts the current workforce
- Learn how early childhood education can help prepare the future workforce
- Learn about the economic impact on the bottom line
- Learn about tangible action their company can take to support the current and future workforce
Here's a breakdown of the agenda:
- 10 a.m. - Registration
- 11 a.m. - Opening Remarks
- 11:15 a.m. - Brain Science Presentation
- 11:45 a.m. - Lunch & Keynote Speaker
- 12:45 p.m. - Break
- 1 p. m. - Community Impact Panel
- 2 p.m. - Community Impact Panel Break Out Sessions
- 2:45 p.m. - Community Early Learning Champion Award
- 3 p.m. - Closing Remarks
Leading up to November’s event, we’re inviting local communities and leaders to RSVP and help us bring awareness about the importance of investing in early childhood education to have a robust workforce.