In the News: Make It Your Own Mural Fest
Make It Your Own Mural Fest Generates Regional, National Attention
Make It Your Own Mural Fest wrapped up on Friday, Sept. 18, 2020, after garnering significant regional and national media attention!
The unique regional mural festival concept was an innovative, creative activation of the Make It Your Own brand intended to enhance the region’s efforts to drive talent attraction, talent retention and tourism by investing in quality of place assets and public art.
Over 11 days, 11 artists installed a high-quality, large-scale mural—one in each of the 11 counties of Northeast Indiana. The festival culminated with a regional Mural Fest photo contest with over $2,500 in prizes, which ends October 18. Find out more about the social media contest by liking us on Facebook.
Here's a snapshot of Make It Your Own Mural Fest in the news.
Midwest Living (National)
WPTA (Fort Wayne)
The Journal Gazette (Fort Wayne)
- What is Make It Your Own Mural Fest? Learn about 11 new murals coming to Northeast Indiana this fall
- #PlacesofNEI: Regional murals in the Make It Your Own Mural Fest
- How the first Make It Your Own Mural Fest is making its mark on cities across the region
- Video: New York City muralist Key Detail is painting a new river-themed mural in downtown Fort Wayne
- Video: Shawn Dunwoody's new mural in Columbia City pays homage to a local entrepreneur
- Video: Fort Wayne artist Tim Parsley is painting a mural to celebrate lake life in Warsaw
Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly (Fort Wayne)
KPC Media (Regional)
The Herald-Press (Huntington)
IN Whitley County (Columbia City)
News Now (Warsaw)
Times Union (Warsaw)
WANE (Fort Wayne)
WSBT (South Bend)
Make It Your Own Mural Fest worked with 11 muralists from around the country to install murals in Northeast Indiana's 11 counties. Want to learn more about the Mural Fest artists?Click here