Farm to Fork
Local Agriculture and Unique Dining
Sustainable is not just a buzzword, and Northeast Indiana is not just a part of the trend—we’re leading it.
You’ll see that farm to fork is a big part of what we do as soon as you sit down for a Hungry Farmer Wagyu burger at Joseph Decuis’ Emporium on Main Street in Roanoke or a Farm-to-Fork Organic Wine Dinner at the Joseph Decuis Wagyu Farm.
In fact, Joseph Decuis is the only restaurant in America raising its own Wagyu beef. Yet it joins a legion of other Northeast Indiana farms also committed to natural, drug-free practices in producing fruits, vegetables, and other meats, which are also produced using humane practices.
What’s even better is that you can find these farms and their local meat and produce at farmers markets across the region, any day of the week, and in like-minded, gourmet restaurants and cafés that are breaking the mold with every new recipe. You’ll learn how to eat seasonally again as you pick your own strawberries and watch the markets’ wares turn from summer’s ripe peaches to fall’s crisp apples.
We are also connecting farmers, entrepreneurs, agribusinesses, and chefs, urging them to invest in the Northeast Indiana Regional Food Network.
The region’s bounty allows us to set the table for any story and gives us access to some of the best and freshest food you’ve ever tasted.
Did You Know?
- Joseph Decuis has received one of AAA’s highest ratings—Four Diamond—every year since 2006.
- Food for Thought: An Indiana Harvest captures the story of Indiana’s forward-thinking food renaissance and includes profiles of many of Northeast Indiana’s agricultural stars.
- You can find farmers markets throughout the region, and they make for a peaceful weekend experience.
- The YLNI Farmers Market is run entirely by Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana (YLNI) volunteers. YLNI revived the market in 2004, and it now hosts more than 40 vendors and 3,000 plus visitors each weekend.
- Dig IN: A Taste of Indiana is a statewide festival that unites locavores and foodies alike, bringing together Indiana-based famers and the finest chefs from the state, with Northeast Indiana strongly represented.
We have the outdoor adventures to match our farm-to-fork lifestyle. If you’re looking to get outside and explore, Northeast Indiana is the place to be to hit the rivers, lakes, or trails and get inspired.Learn More