Making the Scene
When any Saturday night in Northeast Indiana can turn into the best night of the year, you know you’re not just in a city that has music—you’re in place that loves music.
We have everything a music lover could need. From a punk-rock bar to an outdoor amphitheater to an intimate show to a baseball stadium–turned-concert-hall, you can find an enjoyable night out and live music nearly any time you’re looking for it. And there are memories to be made around this local music scene. Whether you are making memories listening to a favorite artist paired with a world-class symphony or just being with your favorite friends and shouting over the band in a bar’s back corner, the music scene is vibrant, and we want you to be a part of it.
The live music scene in Northeast Indiana rivals the scene in the big city. But it’s celebrated here unlike anywhere else. So let us show you the beautiful, exciting, and inspiring life you can live in the Fort Wayne area. Are you ready to join us?
Did You Know?
- Many artists from Northeast Indiana pick up their gear at Sweetwater Sound. In fact, most touring musicians also make it a point to stop by this world-class facility. Sweetwater is a leader in music retail, and it’s the first call for many recording artists and studios around the world. Sweetwater also recently opened two new venues, the Sweetwater Performance Pavilion and the Clyde Theatre.
- Whatzup has been chronicling the best live music in Northeast Indiana for more than a decade. With an active calendar and a robust archive, you can learn more about what’s happening, what happened, and how awesome it all is.
- Just around the corner from Parkview Field in downtown Fort Wayne is The Brass Rail. The club has led the way in our community’s ability to book the next big thing. Many bands that perform at The Rail are buzz bands gathering national attention in magazines, blogs, and on websites like Pitchfork.
- Our historic, nationally renowned Embassy Theatre is home to touring acts, Broadway musicals, the Fort Wayne Philharmonic, and local bands alike. Several times a year, the Embassy turns the stage over to Fort Wayne’s finest bands and artists with events like Down the Line. The best part? These events pack the 2,400-seat theatre. Now that’s community pride.
- The Allen County War Memorial Coliseum hosts more than 1,500 concerts and events—and one million visitors—every year and is a destination stop for arena acts, chart-toppers, legends, and even knights, like Sir Elton John.
- During the summertime, Living Fort Wayne holds the Living Fort Wayne concert series once a month on a Wednesday. Featuring local bands from a slew of different genres, the outdoor concert is held in a park next to the rivers in downtown Fort Wayne.
The music scene in the Fort Wayne area is complemented by our outstanding dining and nightlife downtown. From the newest restaurant in town, where you’re sure to find a seat, to the buzz of the club on ’80s night, we are having fun here. Come have fun with us!Learn More