Northeast Indiana Works is the region’s workforce development organization, providing employment services and access to training for employers and workers in 11 counties. The nonprofit oversees WorkOne Northeast career centers in those counties, as well as two regional youth development programs, and leads or contributes to talent pipeline development initiatives. Services offered to Northeast Indiana employers include customized recruitment/hiring events, applicant screening and assessment activities, access to training for existing and prospective workers, job postings on various platforms, digital skills workshops, and labor market information.
In short, Northeast Indiana Works and its business services representatives act as support to your human resources team.
Northeast Indiana Works and WorkOne Northeast stand ready to:
- Recruit job candidates at no cost through a variety of strategies, including posting job openings locally, regionally and statewide, and arrange customized hiring events and job fairs.
- Assist with skills-based hiring practices.
- Offer free pre-employment screenings that assess candidates’ skills.
- Provide access to low or no-cost occupational training for existing workers.
- Help veterans transition to the civilian workforce.
- Provide customized labor market information that will help you better understand workforce trends.
In addition to helping people identify careers that best align with their interests and aptitudes, Northeast Indiana Works leads or participates in talent pipeline development initiatives designed to bolster the regional workforce, including:
- Awareness campaigns that highlight all career options, as well as occupations in specific industries.
- Work-based learning opportunities, including registered apprenticeships. Northeast Indiana Works is a registered apprenticeship intermediary.
- Convening of key stakeholders to create alignment between employer needs and training and educational offerings.
Are you ready to join the momentum?Contact our team