Northeast Indiana is an ambitious and driven region, remarkably strong in our determination to compete for top billing and top businesses. Hard work, innovative craftsmanship, and a “don’t quit” mentality are the foundation for a unique business climate that’s not only competitive but is also welcoming and inviting. From a business-friendly tax climate to low labor and operating costs to support for small businesses and entrepreneurs, we make doing business easier.
Take Our Word for It—and Theirs
- Indiana ranks No. 5 in Chief Executive's list of the best state for business in the United States.
- The State of Indiana currently ranks No. 10 in the best tax environments in the United States and the best in the Midwest-based on the 2020 State Tax Environment Index by the Tax Foundation. This business-friendly tax climate creates a thriving community for innovative businesses and growth.
- In Indiana, we take creating an environment that’s good for business seriously. Due to legislation in 2011, Indiana’s corporate income tax rate fell by 2 percent. This was the continuation of a scheduled multiyear reduction, which will ultimately see the corporate income tax rate reduced to 4.9 percent by 2022, which would make Indiana’s the second-lowest corporate tax rate of any state levying the tax.
- If you're ready to reach your customers quickly and efficiently, Northeast Indiana's location is ranked No. 1 in the shortest distance to the median center of the U.S. population.
- In 2012, Indiana became the first state in more than a decade to pass right-to-work laws, which prohibit agreements between labor unions and employers that make membership or payment of union dues or fees a condition of employment.
- We support a shared vision of growth for local entrepreneurs and small businesses. In Northeast Indiana, small-business owners can find dependable and collaborative support through a variety of regional small-business resources.
- The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership, for example, has helped raise $760,000 to establish Elevate Ventures.
Want to know more about doing business here? Let us show you the cost-saving benefits of doing business here. Just give us a call.Let's Chat