Northeast Indiana is an 11-county region with a population of nearly 790,000. Fort Wayne, the vibrant city center of the region, is Indiana’s second-largest city. The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership’s mission is to build, market and sell Northeast Indiana to increase business investment. We serve as the single point of content for economic development efforts in the region. Collaboration is our secret sauce. We convene the region’s 11 local economic developers to form the LEDO Council to work together on economic development locally and regionally. We also work with the region’s Mayors and Commissioners Caucus, which is a group of elected officials that come together to discuss issues important to the economic growth of the region and develop an annual legislative agenda in partnership with the Regional Chamber of Northeast Indiana. Our target industries include Defense and Aerospace, Distribution and E-Commerce, Food and Agriculture, Medical Device, Specialty Insurance and Vehicles. Our vision for the region is simple; by working together, Northeast Indiana is a magnet for the best businesses and talent and is recognized as one of the nation’s most prosperous regions.
Increasing business investment. That’s what we’re all about. We’re here to support your business, build our community, and market our region to the world. How do we do all of that? Together. Collaboration is Northeast Indiana’s secret sauce and the key to building a globally competitive economy in our 11-county region.
We’re not afraid to embrace risk as we create a bigger, bolder future for Northeast Indiana. Are you ready to join in our collective success?
What We Do for Your Business
Whether you’re a business considering the Fort Wayne region for expansion or relocation, or you’re a community leader who would like to know more about getting involved, our team is here for you.
Supporting Your Business
- Provide confidential project management
- Support the planning of your project
- Plan customized site tours
- Connect the region’s political, business, and community decision makers
- Work with partners to provide demographics and market reports
- Assist with obtaining local professional service providers
- Identify other resources that could be valuable
Programs That Build a Region
To build a vibrant and business-friendly community, we’ve developed the following programs to benefit your business:
- Certified sites—By meeting a stringent set of criteria to minimize potential roadblocks and ensure fast-track construction, our certified sites program makes it easier to relocate or expand your business.
- Industry Cluster Initiative—Our business-development strategy benefits your business by identifying and targeting specific industries that are high-growth and high-potential sectors to fill our value chain. Chosen for their competitive advantages and potential to support significant job growth in the region, these industry clusters often represent a natural fit and are dependable assets to the community.
- Vision 2030—By investing in the community, we are developing a place where your business will thrive. Vision 2030 is a regional initiative designed to transform Northeast Indiana into a top global competitor by focusing on a common mission to develop, attract, and retain talent. From business climate and infrastructure to education and entrepreneurship, we are investing in the needs of your business today to benefit your business’ growth tomorrow.
Marketing Northeast Indiana to the World
- Promote the region through consistent and targeted national and international public relations campaigns
- Produce targeted national advertising campaigns to promote Northeast Indiana’s brand with key audiences
- Communicate with corporate decision makers through newsletters and ongoing communications
- Use the region’s brand developed in the Our Story Project in all materials and messaging
Collaboration That Benefits Everyone
We do things together, and that benefits everyone. Thanks to the help of our regional collaborators below, we are building a globally competitive region together.
- The Local Economic Development Organization (LEDO) Council is an advisory group of leaders from the 11 member counties in Northeast Indiana who work on economic and community development and oversee economic development efforts throughout the region.
- The Regional Opportunities Council is the investor board for the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership and the champion of the Vision 2030 Initiative.
- The Mayors and Commissioners Caucus provides our government leaders from all 11 counties with a unified voice to advance economic development policies at the state level.
What We Do for the Region
To build, market, and sell Northeast Indiana to increase business investment.
Working together, Northeast Indiana is a magnet for the best businesses and talent and is recognized as one of the nation’s most prosperous regions.