Position Description | Videographer
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications, the Videographer will play a critical role in breathing life into the marketing of NEI, particularly in the Pioneer Starts Here platform for marketing the region to prospective businesses and talent. They are responsible for filming raw footage on live locations as well as covering shoots on sets. They are responsible for scheduling, editing footage, setting up equipment and adding enhancements. They also maintain equipment inventory and upkeep. They understand client briefs and are able to provide an estimated budget and subsequent timing.
This individual is creative and is passionate about capturing and telling stories. They offer enhanced video production and bring a creative approach to filming. They are self-starters and offer creative ideas and approaches to their shoots, edits and final products. They are excited about learning and applying new techniques and technologies. They are collaborative and thrive in a team environment where everyone’s work is interconnected. They draw a great deal of satisfaction from seeing the reactions to their finished products but never rest on their laurels. They are hungry for the next story and the next shoot.
- Planning and filming live events, short films and ad shoots
- Ensuring all filming equipment is ready and in proper working order
- Editing of film footages in the case of smaller productions
- Understanding briefs, offering creative feedback and providing an estimated filming timing/budget
- Discussing ideas with the Creative team prior to filming
- Ensuring filming in proper lighting and audio clarity with perfect lens choice
- Providing creative direction when inserting captions, graphics, special effects for NEI “products”
- Contacting and negotiating with suppliers for equipment, products and services
- Troubleshooting minor technical issues
- Ensuring consistency in filming from start to finish
- Cleaning and disassembling hardware such as tripod, lighting etc.
- Maintaining and updating equipment inventory
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Traits:
- Degree or diploma in Design, Videography, Cinematography
- A certificate course in Videography or Cinematography is preferred
- Proficiency in video editing software like Lumen5, Final Cut Pro and Nero Video
- Familiarity with different cameras like digital cameras, professional-grade cameras and digital camcorders
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of different motion picture techniques
- Possessing an eye for detail
- Basic knowledge of production modes like doing a single camera setup and adjusting camera’s white balance
- Ability to work within a diverse-skillset team
- Excellent analytical skills
For more information and to apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and demo reel by end of day September 22, 2023 to Vanessa Hurtig and Jonathan Sackett at: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.