Our Business Development team is dedicated to achieving our organizational goals and growing opportunities for our 11-county region to win business investment. We measure our success through a set of key performance indicators (KPIs), which include, but are not limited to:
- Business Contacts | Any direct contact made by the NEI Staff to a c-suite executive or decision maker.
- Leads | A business contact able to demonstrate that there is sufficient intent and capacity to execute a project.
- Projects | A lead that has:
- a legitimate project scope and estimated decision timeline within the next 18 months, and
- a plan to bring net new jobs and capital investment to NEI.
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Projects | A project sourced from outside of the United States.
- Sales Missions | A domestic business attraction trip with the intent of obtaining new contacts, leads and/or projects.
- Sales Meetings | In-person or virtual meetings directly with a business, broker or site consultant regarding a lead or project.
- Digital Engagement | Proactive prospecting to companies that would be a good fit within NEI in targeted markets and industries.
Our team focuses on building and maintaining relationships with prospective companies and industry-leading site consultants, identifying their needs and providing them with a business case as to why NEI is the place to locate. We also engage in targeted marketing campaigns and participate in industry events to increase our brand awareness and generate leads. By closely monitoring our KPIs, we can continuously improve our sales strategy and achieve sustainable growth for our region. (The above chart illustrates our 2023 stated goal vs 2023 results.)
While our annual goals are within reach less than halfway through the calendar year, our team will continue to execute our 2023 Annual Operating Plan with an estimated 40 sales mission ahead of us on the calendar and a number of targeted campaigns planned – as well as a familiarization tour coming in September.
NEI is putting together a record year.