$5000 scholarship available for five minority students
Fort Wayne -
Parkview Health and United Negro College Fund (UNCF) announced a scholarship program Monday that will award $5,000 in college tuition to five minority high-school students residing in Fort Wayne.
Those students who are awarded the scholarship will also receive career preparation, paid internships and employment opportunities following graduation, according to a press release from Parkview Health and UNCF.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Be a member of an underrepresented minority
- Be a resident of Fort Wayne
- Be ready to apply as a first-year student at any UNCF-member institution or other accredited four-year institution. Students will need to present their acceptance letter later on in the process. You may also apply if you are already admitted to enroll or enrolled as a first-year student.
- Plan to major in accounting, human resources, organization leadership and development, sales, business, economics, finance, physical or occupational therapy or healthcare administration
Scholarship applications are now being accepted through February 28, 2017. To apply, visit here.