AgriNovus Indiana announces agenda for 2018 Agbioscience Innovation Summit
AgriNovus Indiana announces the agenda and speakers for the 2018 Agbioscience Innovation Summit “Ag+Bio+Science Convergence in Indiana” presented by Corteva Agriscience and Elanco Animal Health on Nov. 29, 2018, in Indianapolis.
“This year’s Summit brings together a star-studded line-up of speakers from Indiana and across the country for important conversations about the agbiosciences,” said Beth Bechdol, president and CEO of AgriNovus Indiana. “Throughout the day, attendees will hear about food and ag tech investment trends, start-up activity and innovation, consumer perspectives, technology convergence with other industries and opportunities for continued Indiana agbioscience leadership.”
The day-long program will feature a number of keynote presentations along with four panel discussions. The morning will highlight the investment landscape for the agbiosciences; the journey of technology and agbioscience entrepreneurs; and how science and technology in food and agriculture can be shaped by consumer perspectives and trends. Scott Hamilton Kennedy, director, producer and writer of the Academy Award-nominated documentary, Food Evolution, will be the luncheon keynote speaker and will share his observations on how science in food is “used and abused” in the public discourse.
The afternoon sessions will address the convergence of the agbiosciences with other industry sectors and shared opportunities in research and talent development; the potential for the agbiosciences to address global challenges; and how Indiana’s global reputation in pooling localized civic, educational and industry resources make the region a stand-out in collaboration.
- Elaine Bedel, president, Indiana Economic Development Corporation
- Robert Colangelo, founding farmer and president, Green Sense Farms
- Jim Collins, CEO, Corteva Agriscience, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont
- Scott Dorsey, managing partner, High Alpha
- Wayne Eckerle, vice president of global research and technology, Cummins, Inc.
- Gebisa Ejeta, director, Purdue Center for Global Food Security and World Food Prize Winner
- Sue Ellspermann, president, Ivy Tech Community College
- Mitch Frazier, CEO, Reynolds Farm Equipment
- Vijay Harrell, CEO, TradeLanes, Inc.
- David Johnson, president and CEO, Central Indiana Corporate Partnership
- Scott Hamilton Kennedy, director, producer and writer, Food Evolution
- Bob Krouse, CEO, Midwest Poultry Services
- Jayson Lusk, department head and distinguished professor of agricultural economics, Purdue University
- Scott Massey, co-founder and CEO, Heliponix
- Sue McCloskey, co-founder, Fair Oaks Farms and fairlife
- Sonia Nofziger Dasgupta, vice president of commercial strategy, EnviroKure
- Joseph Parilla, fellow, Brookings Institution Metropolitan Policy Program
- Jack Phillips, president and CEO, Roche Diagnostics Corporation
- David Rubenstein, co-founder and co-executive chairman, The Carlyle Group + host of The David Rubenstein Show: Peer-to-Peer Conversations on Bloomberg TV and PBS
- Aaron Rudberg, managing director, S2G Ventures
- Aaron Schacht, executive vice president of innovation, regulatory and business development, Elanco Animal Health
- Ellie Symes, co-founder and CEO, The Bee Corp
- Andrew Uden, co-founder and president of AgVision International and co-founder of Quantified Ag
The Summit brings together over 400 industry and business leaders, entrepreneurs, scientists and investors as well as representatives from several Indiana colleges and universities.
The Summit will take place at the JW Marriott in downtown Indianapolis on Nov. 29, 2018 with registration at 8:00 a.m., program from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and a networking reception to follow. The attendee fee is $99. On-line registration closes Nov. 27, with on-site registration available.
Sponsors of the conference include Corteva Agriscience, Elanco Animal Health, Indiana Economic Development Corporation, Ag Alumni Seed, Indy Chamber, Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership, Elevate Ventures, Huntington University, Ice Miller LLP, Infosys, KBKG, Wabash Heartland Innovation Network, Barnes and Thornburg, Clear Object, Context Network, Indiana Biosciences Research Institute, NineStar, The Indiana Farm Equipment & Technology Expo, Indiana Soybean Alliance, Indiana Corn Marketing Council, Ivy Tech Community College, Mavin Holding, PNC Bank, Sikich, Systems Technology Solution, Thomas P. Miller and Associates, The Plaid Agency, Indiana Municipal Power Agency, Open Prairie Ventures, Centric Innovation Network, Indiana FFA, Women & hi tech, and HSMC.