Erapsco lands Navy job worth $10.54 million

April 27th, 2012

News Coverage:

Published: April 27, 2012 3:00 a.m.

briefs

Erapsco lands Navy job worth $10.54 million

Staff, news services

Erapsco Inc. on Thursday was awarded a $10.54 million contract to make sonobuoys for the U.S. Navy.

The defense contractor will perform 47 percent of the work in Columbia City and the remaining 53 percent in DeLeon Springs, Fla. The order is expected to be completed in April 2014.

Sonobuoys are sensors that can search for and detect submerged submarines. Erapsco is a partnership between Columbia City-based Undersea Sensor Systems Inc. and Sparton Electronics Inc. of DeLeon Springs, Fla.

Categories Other Business News