Hoosier companies part of Inc. 5000
By Dan McGowan | Inside INdiana Business
An annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in the country includes 63 Hoosier businesses. Greenwood-based The Garrett Companies is again tops among Indiana companies on the Inc. 5000 list, breaking into the top 10 in the U.S. for the first time. Its number 10 national ranking is the highest for an Indiana-based business since 2016 when eLuxurySupply.com in Evansville placed fourth.
In an interview last year with Inside INdiana Business, The Garrett Companies President Eric Garrett said hiring the right employees was critical to what he believed at the time to be sustainable high growth numbers. The three-year growth rate for his business jumped from over 2,000 percent in the 2017 list to nearly 15,000 percent in 2018.
Rounding out the top five in Indiana are: Indianapolis-based Innovatemap at 452, GEN-Y Hitch in Bremen at 529, 563th-ranked The Basement in Indianapolis and Phoenix Financial Services, also of Indianapolis at 594.
The publication determines the numbers based on revenue growth over the last three years. The overall top 5 are: Wisconsin-based Swan Leap, Colorado-based PopSockets, Chicago-based Home Chef, Colorado-based Velocity Global and Arizona-based DEPCOM Power.
Northeast Indiana companies on this year's Inc. 5000 and their overall U.S. ranking are:
- 1348. Hoosier Hill Farm - 355 percent - Food & Beverage - $6.4 million - Fort Wayne
- 1641. Ruoff Home Mortgage - 281 percent - Financial Services - $90.4 million - Fort Wayne
- 2627. Summit CPA Group - 161 percent - Financial Services - $4.1 million - Fort Wayne
- 3245. Novae - 121 percent - Manufacturing - $153 million - Markle
- 4540. Grote Automotive - 72 percent - Retail - $36.8 million - Fort Wayne
- 4778. Ellison Bakery - 64 percent - Food & Beverage - $29.9 million - Fort Wayne
You can connect to the full list by clicking here.