Local business leaders market region to East Coast
Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly
The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership recently traveled to the East Coast with a delegation of 11 regional business leaders and economic development professionals to expand the area's connection to markets in New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia.
“Our mission is to build, market and sell Northeast Indiana to increase business investment, and this Major Markets trip to the East Coast directly advances that mission," Alan Tio, the partnership's senior vice president, said in the organization's statement. "As our second Major Markets trip of the year, we’re implementing a tenacious business plan that allows us to tap into strategically-chosen major markets and increase awareness of Northeast Indiana assets with corporate decision-makers."
The delegation spoke with decision makers and local influencers during 43 meetings over the course of four days. The trip capitalized on the recently-launched air service from Fort Wayne International Airport to Newark Liberty International Airport, the partnership said in a statement.
Indiana Michigan Power partnered with the group for attendance to the CoreNet Global Summit and Vera Bradley hosted a reception at Vera’s new flagship store in SoHo and welcomed more than 25 guests.
The delegation included:
- John Sampson, Alan Tio, Alex Knollenberg, Hannah Stork and Stephanie Waikel of the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership;
- John Urbahns and Renata Robinson of Greater Fort Wayne Inc.;
- Jon Myers of the Whitley County Economic Development Corp.;
- Linda Fortner of the Indiana Economic Development Corp.;
- Ashley Savieo of Indiana Michigan Power; and
- Ryan Woldman of Ambassador Enterprises.