Northeast Indiana brewers teaming up with Germanfest Fort Wayne to feature local brews
Germanfest Fort Wayne is proud to announce a collaboration with the Northern IN Brewery Association! All 17 local breweries have played a role in crafting a selection of German inspired exclusive beers to be sold at Germanfest, starting Wednesday June 5th at Headwaters Pavilion. Samples from your favorite local breweries will be available Thursday, June 6th from 4:40pm to 5:30pm.
- Hop River Brewing Company is doing a Kolsch: a classic easy-drinking German ale, crafted in the traditional style.
- Junk Ditch Brewing Company is doing a Pilsner: a refreshing German style beer, with a floral and herbal hop finish.
- LaOtto Brewing Company is doing a Dortmunder: a pale pilsner-like lager that is slightly malty with a clean finish.
- Mad Anthony Brewing Company is doing a Hefeweizen: a classic German wheat beer.
- Chapman’s Brewing Company hosted the remaining 12 breweries to create ‘Trail Schwarzbier’: This slightly roasted dark lager ‘black beer’ is named in honor of the Northern Indiana Beer Trail.
These local beers pair well with Germanfest’s locally made German Potato Salad (Sport Club), Sauerkraut (Maennerchor Damenchor), and Kuchen (Turners).
$5 pints of locally crafted German style beers will be available on Wednesday, June 5 at 5 p.m. in the Headwaters Park Pavilion.