Amplify Art! announces three new projects
By News-Sentinel staff | News-Sentinel
Arts United announced Friday the October cycle of the Amplify Art! crowdfunding program with three diverse projects:
* Sister Cities, in partnership with FAME, will bring the Taizhou Opera to perform during the FAME festival and at the Embassy Theatre.
* The Fort Wayne Free Art Collective will install a mural on the side of The Brass Rail, to be designed by local artist Jerrod Tobias.
* The Weather the Fort winter festival returns for a second year.
Amplify Art! is a crowdfunding program that relies on social media advocacy and small contributions from a large number of donors. Donations can be made at www.artsunited.org/amplify. Each project is seeded with $1,000 from Arts United, and donations from the public are matched dollar for dollar up to $1,500 with support from the Knight Foundation, according to an Arts United news release.
Previous projects funded by the Amplify Art! program include Artlink's Crosswalk Murals and North Anthony Boulevard Mural, Cinema Center's Portable Screen, Summer Nights at the Embassy, Riverfront Fort Wayne's Faces of the Fort, Surprise Cinema and more.
To learn more about each project contact the respective representatives:
* Brass Rail mural, Ryan Krueckeberg, Fort Wayne Free Art Collective, Ryan.firstname.lastname@example.org
* Taizhou Opera, Dorothy Kittaka, Fort Wayne Sister Cities, email@example.com
* Weather the Fort, Ted Pappert, firstname.lastname@example.org