Northeast Purdue AG Center field day features wide range of topics
Purdue Extension will host a field day for farmers and agribusiness professionals highlighting research projects being done at the Northeast Purdue Agricultural Center.
The field day will be held Aug. 23 at the center, 4821 E. C.R. 400 S, Columbia City.
The program begins with a series of morning workshops led by Purdue Extension experts. Workshop topics and presenters include:
- Soil fertility issues with corn and soybean production: Jim Camberato, professor of agronomy
- Weed management update: Bill Johnson, professor of botany and plant pathology
- Corn update and looking to harvest: Robert Nielsen, professor of agronomy
- Soybean update: Shaun Casteel, associate professor of agronomy
- Mini bulk regulations: Elysia Rodgers, Purdue Extension Educator
- NEPAC research plot update: Tom Richards, NEPAC farm
In the afternoon, participants will have the optional opportunities for self-guided research plot tours, view an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, UAV, demonstration and discussion, and/or participate in health education and screenings offered by Parkview Health.
Participants can receive private applicator recertification program credit for $10. Commercial applicator and crop adviser credits will be available.
The event will run 8 a.m.-2 p.m., with lunch provided. Admission is free, but registration is required to receive a meal. Event sponsors include Indiana Corn Marketing Council, Indiana Soybean Alliance, Ag Plus Inc., Agro-Chem, Beacon Ag Group, E.F. Rhoades & Sons Inc., Redline Equipment, Schlipf Precision Ag Inc. and Troxel Equipment. Visit vendor booths and displays at field day for more information.
To sign up, contact the Whitley County Extension Office at (260) 244-7615 and leave your name and phone number by Aug. 17. If you require auxiliary aids and services due to a disability, or have a special dietary need, contact the office by Aug. 9 at (260) 244-7615.
For more information, visit the Purdue Extension Whitley County website, extension.purdue.edu/whitley.